top of page


Young Couple at Car Dealership.jpeg

Private Passenger Auto Insurance

A policy with state mandatory coverage only includes bodily injury, property damage, property protection, and personal injury protection coverage. A policy with state mandatory coverage and physical damage includes these coverages along with collision and comprehensive. We have over 60 years of experience.


Collision and Comprehensive coverage are required if your vehicle is financed or leased and are subject to a deductible.


Bodily Injury liability coverage protects you if you are involved in an accident in Michigan and you cause serious bodily injury to others. If you injure someone while driving in another state, you are under the law of that state and can be sued in the courts of that state and made to pay damages. We can provide you with the state minimum limits of $20,000 per person and $40,000 per accident. However, it is our agency's recommendation to have bodily injury liability limits of $300,000 per person and $300,000 per accident. Higher limits are available and are recommended.

Property Damage liability coverage protects you if you are involved in an accident outside of Michigan and you cause damage to another person's property. We can provide you with the state minimum limits of $10,000. However, we recommend higher limits of at least $300,000.

Personal Injury Protection coverage provides coverage for your own injuries without regard to fault. This coverage includes all of your medical costs incurred in an automobile accident as well as a limited amount of lost wages resulting from the accident.


Property Protection coverage provides coverage of up to $1 million for damage your car does in Michigan to other people's property such as building, fences, and other people's properly parked vehicles.


Collision coverage pays for damages to your vehicle when damaged by collision with another vehicle or object regardless of fault. Types of Collision available include:

  • Standard Collision pays for damage to your vehicle regardless of fault. Your deductible will be applied. If not at-fault, you will need to file a claim against the other party to recover your deductible amount.

  • Broad Form Collision pays for damage to your vehicle regardless of fault. You only pay the deductible when more than 50% at-fault.

  • Limited Collision pays for damages to your vehicle only if you were not more than 50% at-fault in the accident.


Comprehensive coverage pays for damages to your vehicle caused by an accident other than collision, such as vandalism, theft, wind, fire or impact with an animal.




Limited Property Damage Coverage

Provides up to $500 coverage for damage to each motor vehicle for which an insured becomes legally responsible to pay due to an at-fault accident. This amount would be paid if the insured is more than 50% at fault, and damage to the other party's vehicle is not covered by their own policy, typically because of a collision deductible or lack of collision coverage. By law, $1,000 is the maximum limit allowed for this coverage.


Uninsured Motorist Coverage

This coverage allows you to recover bodily injury damages due to an accident where the other party does not have insurance and is found to be legally liable. 


Underinsured Motorist Coverage

This coverage allows you to recover bodily injury damage due to an accident caused by another driver who has insufficient liability insurance.


Towing and Labor Coverage

Pays for expenses incurred up to a limit selected when your auto is disabled. This coverage may be purchased if comprehensive or collision coverage is listed for the automobile.


Extended Transportation Coverage

Provides reimbursement up to the selected coverage limit for rental car expenses incurred after a covered loss renders the insured vehicle unusable for more than 24 hours (must purchase comprehensive or collision to obtain this coverage).


Five Automobile Insurance Tips

  1. Go for the highest Bodily Injury Liability Limits you can afford - Choose the highest limits of liability you can afford. If you hurt someone seriously in an auto accident you will be glad you increased your limits. 

  2. Make sure you have Broad Collision for your auto - You can eliminate your deductible if the accident is not your fault, and you won't have the hassle of trying to collect it from the other driver.

  3. Carry Mini-Tort Liability or Property Damage Buy Back coverage - If you are at-fault in an accident you can be held responsible for $1000 of the other person's auto repairs.

  4. If you have health insurance you can coordinate your automobile medical coverage with your present health insurance provider - This will help reduce premium dollars. 

  5. Make sure your Uninsured and Underinsured Liability limits are equal to your Bodily Injury limits - If you or a family member is seriously hurt in an accident, and the at-fault driver doesn't have insurance or has very low limits, you can recover damages from your own policy.


Insuring Sports and Recreation Vehicles


Boats, jet skis, ATVs, and recreational vehicles are exciting modes of transportation. They provide a great means of escape on weekends and vacations, but ownership of these comes with some risks.


While all recreational-type vehicles can be protected by the same basic coverage, each one has its own special requirements and restrictions.


Basic Coverage

At a minimum, boats, jet skis, ATVs, and recreational vehicles need "liability" and "comprehensive" insurance coverage. Liability protects you if your vehicle injures someone or damages someone else's property, and comprehensive insurance protects your property in case of vandalism, damage, or destruction caused by theft or fire. Depending on the age and value of your investment, you may want to purchase collision insurance, which provides coverage for damage you cause to your own property.


Visit Lud Stoor Agency today for a free quote. Ask about our multi-policy discounts to save even more on your insurance! We've got a good selection of companies and a very experienced staff. Several of our agents have Certified Insurance Counselor status.

bottom of page